2023’s Top Anti-Aging Facial Treatments
While aesthetic enhancements have led to the development of various procedures and products, two name treatment options often find themselves in the spotlight. They are Botox® and Juvéderm. At WellSprings Medical Spa, our qualified technicians perform a variety of Cosmetic Treatments in Richmond Hill and today, we would be pleased to outline the differences between these two top anti-aging treatments to help you find the right option for you. Continue reading this guideline to determine the key differences between these two wrinkle treatments.
Botox® is known to be an injection that paralyzes facial muscles when injected. This treatment targets wrinkles that form from repetitive facial movements, such as smiling or frowning. This injection uses a specially designed protein complex from Botulinum bacteria.
- How long does it last? Results can vary but it’s typically standard for results to last three to four months. When the effects begin to wear off, individuals can make follow-up appointments.
- How is it administered? A professional will administer the injection into areas of the face and neck that a client desires. A numbing cream will be applied first before several small injections are made. Treatment time is typically anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
- Where is it typically applied? Most often, this treatment is used to prevent further wrinkles. It can be used for lines across the forehead, deep under-eye lines, crow’s feet, furrows between the eyes, etc.
On the other hand, we have Juvéderm. Instead of targeting muscles, this treatment uses a dermal filler that contains hyaluronic acid to add both volume and hydration to the skin. This treatment can help one’s skin retain moisture and plumpness.
- How long does it last? One can expect this treatment to last anywhere from 6 months to a full year. Results will depend on the product used and individual factors.
- How is it administered? This type of filler is placed beneath the skin in order to smooth wrinkles, enhance facial contours, and restore lost volume. A numbing cream is applied and treatment time typically lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes.
- Where is it typically applied? This treatment can be applied to “parenthesis” lines on either side of the mouth, thinned lips, indented scars, sunken cheeks, altered nose shape, etc.
How to Choose Between Botox® & Juvéderm
The decision between Botox® and Juvéderm comes down to the desired outcome. If wrinkles caused by repetitive facial movements are the issue, Botox® is the right solution to target them and to further prevent them. If volume loss or sagging is the issue, hyaluronic acid from Juvéderm will restore youthfulness to the face.
How Our Laser Clinic Can Help
Understanding the difference between 2023’s top anti-aging treatments can help one determine which treatment will help them to meet their goals. At WellSprings Medical Spa, our team can consult with you to determine which treatment is most suitable for your unique circumstances. To book a Skin Treatment in Richmond Hill consultation, feel free to contact our clinic at (905) 780-6627 today!