Breaking Down the Process: How Laser Tattoo Removal Works
Tattoos have become a popular form of self-expression, symbolism, and artistic expression over the years. However, as we evolve through life, sometimes old tattoos no longer align with our current self. WellSprings Medical Spa specializes in Laser Tattoo Removal in Richmond Hill services and we offer individuals with the chance to rejuvenate their skin and have a fresh start. In this article, we will explore how getting a tattoo works, how laser tattoo removal works, and lastly, we will review the factors that influence a tattoo removal timeframe.
The Art of Getting a Tattoo
When receiving a tattoo, a tattoo gun utilizes tiny needles to create tiny punctures in the skin, allowing the ink particles to settle in place. The ink is placed into the skin layer known as the dermis. This way, a tattoo artist will be able to create a permanent design that lasts. While blood cells try to remove this foreign ink, they are mostly unsuccessful as the ink particles are too big for them to remove. If an individual wants a tattoo removed, they will have to seek laser removal services.
The Science of Laser Tattoo Removal
While blood cells are unsuccessful at removing the ink, laser services can be utilized to help break up the ink within the skin. Essentially, the laser breaks up the ink in the skin into smaller particles where the blood cells can then complete their job to remove the foreign substance through the lymphatic system. The laser uses energy and heat to break up the ink particles. Multiple sessions are required to achieve a complete removal. Next, let’s talk about how long it takes to completely remove the ink particles.
Factors That Influence a Tattoo Removal Timeframe
When choosing to have a tattoo removed, this process cannot be completed within a day. In some cases, it can take 8-10 laser sessions that are stretched over a 2-3 year period. Key factors that influence the timeframe include the following.
- Tattoo Size. Larger tattoos often require more sessions and more time for each session.
- Tattoo Colour. Vibrant-coloured tattoos often take longer to remove when compared to shades of black and white.
- Skin Tone. If there is a greater contrast between the skin tone and the tattoo colour, the laser machine will be able to function better. However, all tattoos can be removed from any skin tone.
- Tattoo Location. Body parts that experience good blood flow will have a quicker removal time. This includes the chest, shoulders, neck, etc.
- Overall Health. Avoiding alcohol and smoking for the duration of the laser tattoo removal process will help to speed up the removal time.
How Our Laser Clinic Can Help
As we wrap up our exploration of tattoo application and removal, it’s important to follow the guidance of a skilled professional when you decide to take this journey. Our team at WellSprings Medical Spa performs Cosmetic Treatments in Richmond Hill including professional tattoo removal services. If you are interested in booking a consultation with our team, give us a call at (905) 780-6627 today!